Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flickr continued....

Apparently I did not read all of the instructions for this week regarding Flickr.  Shhhh...don't tell the students that I didn't read the instructions carefully before starting! :P So here are a few of my own photos which are available on Flickr under the tag DUT2011, as well as a photo from Flickr that would be appropriate for educational and instructional purposes.

My photos on Flickr My photo slide show

The below pictures are courtesy of Flickr user Michael Scott with scottphotographics.com.  In science, your ultimate goal is to publish your findings.  So while you're initial goal is to "make a big splash" in the field, contributing new and fascinating information, its the lasting effects that should really be your focus.  Like the rings that circle out from the point of impact, you want  your study to kick start research and lead to more and more questions, and thus a more in depth look.  You want your scientific contribution not to just be a splash, but to reverberate and create waves of activity. 










1 comment:

  1. I am pretty happy that I found this second post (and don't worry your secret re directions is safe with me), as I was worried after the first one that you would have to be treated for flickr antagonism. Thanks for sharing the slideshow. All warm and summery feelings washed over me even as I stare out my window at the snow flying by. The big juicy strawberry was tasty by the way.

    ReplyDelete